And who said cruises aren't for kids? NCL offers what you want, what your kids want... good times all around, for all ages, at all times, just the way you like it. Plus, complimentary activities happen every day-whether your child wants to paint, have a pajama party or put on a show. And just think of the new friends they'll make-you might even have to schedule time just to see them.
Active Age-appropriate, Supervised Activities
Kids Crew Dinner & Teens Dinner
Kids Crew News & Teens Crew News
Child Care Center & Qualified Counselors
Undersea Adventures, Featuring Officer Snook
Juniors (Ages 2-5)
Storytelling & Painting
First Mates (Ages 6-9)
Children's Pool Area
Pizza Making Party
Games & Parties
Crafts & Classes
Navigators (Ages 10-12)
Games & Parties
Teens (Age 13-17)
Sport and Activities
Movies and Parties
The Youth Staff
The Youth Staff is carefully chosen from Education and Recreation programs at their University. Your child will like the Youth Staff because they are fun. Actually, they are experts in fun-they design specialized activities for all ages. And they'll keep a constant watch over your children to make you happy. Not to mention, each staff member is CPR and First Aid certified, so your child will be safe and secure at all times. Plus, they're trained in communication and confidence building, too.
Specifics & Restrictions
A few things you need to know before the good times begin:
- A parent or guardian is required to register kids ages 2-17. After registering, kids can participate as often as they choose.
- Your child will be assigned to an age group based on his/her age at sailing. If they have a birthday while at sea, only then they are moved up. Sorry, no exceptions can be made-this helps keep your child safe.
- Kids under 13 may not sign themselves in and out. Only a designated adult over 21 may sign them in and out of Kid's Crew. Until the Youth Staff gets to know you, have a photo ID ready for drop off or pick up.
- Norwegian is flexible. Activities and programs are subject to change to accommodate a child's needs.
- Sorry, Norwegian is not able to have one-on-one care within the Youth Programs.
- Leave the flip-flops and sandals in your cabin-Norwegian requires proper footwear.
- The staff is not able to change diapers or pull-ups, but will leave you with a beeper to alert you to do the duty. Beepers do not work ashore, so parents will have to stay onboard when their children are in the Youth Program.
- Your child not feeling well? Sick children need to see the medical center before coming to the program. There's no charge if your child is well and is allowed to join the activities.
- Please let the staff know if your child has allergies or note any medications on their registration. The staff has snacks and will need to know.
- Want to involve the whole family? Great activities are offered throughout the cruise including Pizza Making. Just remember, a parent is required to attend with a child to participate.
- Because the Youth Staff is not included in onboard gratuities, cash gratuities are divided among the staff and greatly appreciated. Individual gratuities can be made through the onboard Reception Desk. Please don't hesitate to call with questions at 1.800.327.7030 or speak with the Youth Program Supervisor once aboard.
Kid's Crew Safety and Emergency Information
Relax-it's your job to have fun and our job to keep your kids happy and safe. Every child in the Program receives a Kid's Crew bracelet with their name, stateroom number, emergency station, allergies, and medications listed. If an emergency does occur, the Youth Staff is responsible for the mustering of the child in their care and bringing them to safety at the Child Muster Station. There, you can claim your child. All unclaimed children will be taken to the secondary station and distributed to their assigned lifeboat stations.
Group-Sitting for Kids
Need a little more "me" time? Norwegian offers more supervised fun for the kids. The "Late Night Party Zone" and "Port Play" are both group-sitting services for kid's ages 2-12. The Youth Staff runs these activities in the Kid's Crew Facilities and all the requirements and procedures apply.
The "Port Play" is offered from 9am-5pm and Norwegian accommodates those parents booked on Shore Excursions. Sign up is 8pm the evening prior to the desired "Port Play".
The "Late Night Party Zone" is offered nightly from 10pm-1am. The charges are $5.00 per hour, per child, and $3.00 per hour for each additional sibling in the same immediate family. Charges are applied directly to your onboard account. Sign up is 8pm the evening prior to the desired "Late Night Party Zone".
A reminder, if your child requires you to keep a beeper, a parent or guardian must stay behind on the vessel during either activity, as the beepers do not work off the ship. Also, no private or in-cabin babysitting is available on any NCL or NCLA vessels. The Youth Staff is waiting for you to sign up now. Your kids will have a blast!
Youth Program Discipline Policy
Your children are important. Norwegian wants your kids to have as much fun and be as safe as possible. Here is the four-step Discipline Policy to ensure this happens.
STEP 1: Warning: The Youth Counselor addresses the child and it is explained that his/her behavior is unacceptable and needs to be improved immediately.
STEP 2: Time out: If the child continues to disobey the Youth Counselor, a time out is issued and the parents are notified at pick-up time.
STEP 3: Suspension: If a time out is not effective in eliminating the inappropriate behavior, the parents are located and the child is grounded from the program for 24 hours. The child is then welcomed back, but if there is any reservation on the part of the Youth Counselor a parent may be required to attend with their child.
STEP 4: Dismissal: Once the child is allowed back into the program after the initial dismissal, if any disobedient behaviors continue, the child will no longer be allowed to participate.
More Family Friendly Features
Cannon balls welcome here. Just for Junior cruisers, Norwegian offers splash pools on Norwegian DAWN, STAR and SPIRIT. Each ship has its own children's themed wet and wild fun areas- slides, water squirters, and splash areas far away from mom and dad's main pool area.
Think about this-Norwegian has arcades on every ship, but the bigger the ship the bigger the arcade and how much fun can you have in a day!
Move over Tarzan, Norwegian has kids coming in! NORWEGIAN DAWN, STAR, SPIRIT, JEWEL, PRIDE OF AMERICA, and PRIDE OF HAWAII offer jungle gyms with ball pits and tunnels. Just check out the Kid's Crew facilities-registered participants can jump in anytime.
Time to go surfing? The onboard Internet Café is perfect for kids to send emails to friends, access AOL accounts and just surf the net. Basic time charge is .75 per minute and Norwegian offers great packages too. Parents wishing to block their children from Internet access can do by requesting the ship's Internet Café Manager onboard to de-activate their accounts.
Family Friendly Accommodations
The staterooms are designed with your family in mind - just the way you like them.
Freestyle Dining for All
Not a lima bean in sight-Norwegian gives kids what they want to eat - all day long in the Kid's Café -the newest addition to the fleet: the NORWEGIAN DAWN, STAR, AMERICA, JEWEL and all of the future ships. Kids can dig into the Kid's Buffet: sandwiches, hot dogs, fruits, yes, some veggies, French fries and cookies. They'll love the tables and chairs just their size too. Plus each itinerary offers a special Kid's Crew Dinner-sorry mom and dad, it's kids only this time. Sign up with the Youth Program staff.
Break some ice here. The Teen Program is a great way for teens ages 13-17 to meet each other while engaging in some cruising fun. A member of the Youth Staff supervises all activities. They know what teens want to be doing and design all programs accordingly. Enjoy theme parties, sports events, dining together or taking in a show as a group.
Specifics & Restrictions
- Activities are flexible and subject to change based on participants.
- Norwegian reserves the right to cancel if no teen shows within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled activity. Teens will meet at the next scheduled activity.
- Teens not feeling well need to visit the medical center before being admitted to the program.
- Guardians must alert the Youth Staff of any allergies, medications or special needs of their teen when registering.
- All Teens are responsible for any personal items brought to activities and events.
- Because the Youth Staff is not included in onboard gratuities, cash gratuities are divided among the staff and greatly appreciated. Individual gratuities can be made through the onboard Reception Desk. NCL strongly encourages that no teenagers go ashore alone in the ports of call. If you have any questions, please see the Youth Program Supervisor.
Teens Crew Safety & Emergency Information
Teens are responsible for reporting to their assigned emergency stations in the event of a ship emergency. Crewmembers throughout the vessel are trained to assist those in need.
Teens participating in Teen's Crew are prohibited from smoking, drinking alcohol, and using profanity while attending Teen activities. Violence and vandalism will not be tolerated, ever.
A Teen exhibiting inappropriate behavior will be asked to stop immediately. If they do not stop, they will be dismissed from the activity. After dismissal, Parents and the ship's Security will be notified. Any behavior reported to a Youth Staff member taken outside of the Teen Program will also be reported to Security. Teens should be advised that all public areas are under 24-hour surveillance.